Pages

1/24/2013

Mr & Mrs

So I previously mentioned that my mom and I am trying to DIY a few things for my upcoming wedding.  Well, I'm excited to show you my most recent project! 

Supplies:
Cardboard letter blocks
Paint and brush - I used Folk Art Plaid in a cream color and a foam brush
Flower embellishments - I used Reflections brand found at Michaels in ivory
Rhinestone and pearl embellishments
Glue gun and glue sticks

Directions:
Paint the letter blocks.  I thought spray painting would be the way to go.  Sadly, with Kansas wind and the position of my house, it was a terrible idea.  I ended up repainting them with Folk Art paint.  A couple coats was sufficient.

After the paint dries, lay the letters flat on your work surface.  Arrange the flowers on the letters and glue on when you are satisfied with the position.  Because the flower embellishments didn't have centers, I used the rhinestone and pearl embellishments to complete the flowers.


These will be on the sweetheart table at the reception with my bouquet in the middle instead of an & sign.  So pleased!  T advises he was quite impressed and is coming around to my crafting and DIYing tendencies. 
 
The great thing about cardboard block letters is that they are so versatile.  They could be painted green and red and embellished with Christmas items, customized to read your last name, etc.  The possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment