Pages

1/06/2013

Chicken Pot Pie

After a weekend of wedding plan with my mom and with T being out of town, I decided to make a super easy recipe from Pillsbury: Chicken Pot Pie.  I love pot pie; all the vegetables, the chicken, the comfortable feeling - yum!  Unfortunately, chicken pot pie isn't one of the healthiest recipes available nor does T care much for it.  Since he's out, I knew it would be a perfect dinner option!

Ingredients
2 frozen pie shells
1 can Progresso Rich & Hearty Chicken Pot Pie soup
1 package frozen mixed vegetables
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

Directions
Preheat the oven to 425.  In saucepan, heat soup, vegetables, and flour until warm.  Spoon into one pie shell.  Top with second pie crust and seal edges.  Cut slits in several places in top crust.  Bake for 30-35 minutes.  Approximately 15 minutes into baking, cover edges of crust with foil to avoid excessive browning.  Let stand 5 minutes before serving. 

I've made a few changes to the original recipe.  The original recipe uses refrigerated pie crusts, but I've found I prefer the frozen as they can be purchased and stored for an extended period.  Simply let them thaw while you preheat the oven and prepare the pot pie mixture.  The original recipe also calls for 2 cups of vegetables, but I've gone ahead and increased it to the whole bag.  This is a super easy recipe.  The leftovers taste delicious and also freeze well.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment