Pages

1/08/2013

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread

Good evening!  After enjoying dinner out with friends from work, I decided to come home and bake.  T's mom brought chocolate chip pumpkin bars to our Christmas celebration and I knew I wanted to make some as well.  My fiance will be home tomorrow night, and after being sick and on the road, I decided he'd enjoy a special dessert bread. 

We've made super simple pumpkin spice muffins before using 1 box of spice cake and 1 can of pumpkin.  This time I decided to add something sweet: chocolate!

Ingredients:
1 box spice cake mix
1 can pumpkin (15 oz)
2 cups chocolate chips
powdered sugar, optional

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.  Combine cake mix and pumpkin in bowl.  Mix well, then beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.  Add 1 cup chocolate chips and mix well.  Pour into greased 9x13 pan.  Sprinkly additional chocolate chips over top.  Bake 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.  After you've removed from the oven, sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.

 


1 comment:

  1. I love monkey bread, better with chocolate chips

    ReplyDelete