Pages

12/08/2012

Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bake

I love breakfast foods, but I can never get myself to eat when I first wake up or even before I leave for work.  Inevitably, I find myself searching for a snack mid-morning to satisfy my hunger.  I believe I've found the perfect solution: Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bake.  I love this!  I can take a serving of this deliciousness to work, pop it in the microwave to heat it up and enjoy a fantastic breakfast even after leaving home!

Ingredients:
2 cups old fashioned oats
1/3 cup brown sugar - we used Splenda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp Chinese five spice
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips
2 cups milk
1 egg
4 tbsp butter, melted
2 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray oven safe pan with cooking spray. 



In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except the bananas together.  Pour into the baking dish and arrange the banana slices on top.  Sprinkle additional chocolate chips on top if you choose.  Bake 30-40 minutes or until oatmeal is golden brown. 

Inspiration Recipe: Inspired Taste's Baked Oatmeal with Strawberries, Banana and Chocolate
 

1 comment:

  1. This sounds perfect! Can't wait to try this, found you through Strut your Stuff!

    ReplyDelete