Pages

1/22/2013

Baked Chicken Parmesan

Hello, everyone!  I hope everyone is having a great start to the week.  In observance of Martin Luther King Day, my office was closed yesterday.  I was fortunate to be able to spent the day with my mom shopping for wedding related items such as a veil, shoes, jewelry, mother of the bride outfit, etc.  We found a lot of great things while shopping around.  I get more excited for the wedding every day!  After a long day of shopping, my mom and I met T and my grandparents for dinner before I headed back home for the night.

Since we ate out last night, I wanted to have a quiet dinner in.  T had to work late, so I had an hour or so to prep and cook dinner.  I decided on Baked Chicken Parmesan with Spaghetti and Garlic Bread.

Ingredients:
4 Chicken Breasts
1 Jar Pasta Sauce, brand and style of your choice
Onion, I used minced but should have used fresh
Garlic Powder
Pepper
Pepperoni, 15-20 pieces
Chives
Spaghetti Noodles or pasta of your choice
Bread
Butter
Oregano
Parmesan or Mozzarella Cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Bake chicken for half hour or until done.  While chicken is baking, chop onion, chives and pepperoni and place in skillet. 

 
 
Sautee for 2-3 minutes.  Add pasta sauce and mix together.  Add garlic powder, oregano, and pepper to taste. 
 
Boil noodles according to package directions.
 
Once chicken is done, move chicken to alternate pan free of fat.  Cover chicken with pasta sauce.  Bake for 7 minutes.  Remove from oven and sprinkle cheese across the top.  Bake additional 2-3 minutes before removing from oven.
 
While chicken parmesan is baking, butter bread and sprinkle garlic powder on top.  Bake until bread is baked to desired crispness.
 
 
 
Remove chicken and bread from oven and drain pasta.  You're now ready to serve.
 
 
 
Next time, I will definitely use fresh onion.  The pasta sauce didn't taste much different with the added pepperoni, but it did add a different texture and a nice surprise in each bite.  Overall, pretty successful!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment