Pages

1/22/2013

Banana Bread Muffins

I love bananas.  But I don't love bananas once they start to become too ripe.  While fixing dinner tonight, I knew I had to get rid of the overripe bananas sitting on the counter, but I couldn't bring myself to just throw them away.  I searched through my recipe list and found 8 Weeks to a Better You's recipe for Banana Bread and thought I'd give it a try.  So.  Good.

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
3/4 cup honey
2 eggs, beaten
3 mashed overripe bananas

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix all ingredients together and fill greased muffin tins.  Bake for 15-20 minutes, until inserted toothpick is clean.  Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.  Makes approximately 24 muffins.

The original recipe makes a loaf of bread, but I took the muffin route as we don't own a loaf pan.  I cut the cook time down quite a bit due to this.  I must say, I was pleasantly surprised by the outcome.  After reading a few reader comments on the original post, I was afraid they would be more on the bland side.  The honey gives a perfect amount of sweetness for this delicious muffin.  T's suggestion for future batches is to add chocolate or butterscotch chips.  I think he might be on to something!



No comments:

Post a Comment