Pages

12/21/2012

Marinated Mozzarella

This week was our division wide Christmas luncheon at work.  With over 250 invited, we needs lots of food.  There's always plenty of potatoes, veggies, desserts and other salads, so I signed up to bring an appetizer of some kind.  I spent some time browsing online for easy appetizers for hungry crowds and found a recipe for Marinated Mozzarella.  Not only was it easy, but it was a crowd pleaser as well!

Ingredients:
18 oz. mozzarella cheese, cubed
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 jar green olives
toothpicks

Directions:
Mix olive oil and seasoning.  Pour over cubed cheese and let marinate 8-48 hours.  Using toothpicks, skewer one green olive and one cheese cube and put on serving platter.  Enjoy!

I cubed the cheese and prepped the mixture on a Monday.  I wanted to let the cheese have plenty of time to marinate.  On Wednesday, when I opened the bowl, I was quite horrified.  The chemical reaction of the cheese and olive oil soaking had resulted in a foamy texture of flavored water.  Don't worry!  I learned that one you have moved the mozzarella from the marination the condensation will disappear.  Just allow for some time before serving and all will be well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment