Pages

4/13/2013

Tortilla Roll-ups

This has been a long week.  Besides being busy with work, we've been tackling last minute wedding preparations and finishing up errands as we come to a weekend I'll be out of town.  We also had the opportunity to make tortilla roll-ups for a going away party at my office.  There are two different tortilla roll-up recipes below.

Cream Cheese, Ham and Pickle Roll-ups
Ingredients:
plain cream cheese, softened
sliced ham - I buy the store brand ham thats one serving per packet for around 60 cents
tortillas
dill pickles, whole

Directions:
Spread cream cheese onto flat tortilla.  Lay two pieces of ham across the middle of the tortilla.  Lay two pickles towards one edge of tortilla and roll.  Once rolled up, slice! 

I don't normally have enough of these ingredients on hand.  So I hit the store before I start.  I go for 1 packet of cream cheese, 2 of the sliced hamd (I believe there are 10 slices per packet), 1 package of torillas and 1 large jar of pickles.  I make as many roll-ups as I can until I run out of something - usually pickles.

Cream cheese, Spinach, Ham and Bacon Roll-ups
Ingredients:
plain cream cheese, softened
bacon pieces
fresh spinach
sliced ham, 4-5 slices
Italian seasoning

Directions:
Using a food chopper (love my Ninja chop!), chop spinach, bacon pieces, and ham together into a puree.  Add Italian seasoning and a block of cream cheese and mix well.  Spread onto a flat tortilla.  Roll the tortilla and slice.

 
Cream Cheese, Ham and Pickle on the left
 Cream Cheese, Spinach, Ham and Bacon Bits on the right

No comments:

Post a Comment