Pages

3/08/2013

Pinwheel Quilt Preview

Happy Friday!  I hope everyone had a great week! 
 
I've spent half of the week at home under the weather.  Not exactly my idea of a good time.  I finally had some energy today, so I started working on a Pinwheel quilt.  I still need to choose fabric for borders to give the quilt some size, but here's a quick preview. 

 
I bought 2 Good Morning charm packs a Quilt Shop Hop last fall from the Me and My Sister Design line.  To make the pinwheel, simply cut charm square in half and sew into the pinwheel pattern.  I ended up with 21 completed blocks, and chose my 20 favorite for the bulk.  Right now the quilt is about 32x40.  I'd like the finished size to be somewhere around 50x60, so I'll be in the market for great coordinating fabric to finish out the borders, backing and binding.  I'll keep you posted!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment