Pages

2/12/2014

Plus Sign Quilt

Happy Wednesday!  Hope everyone has having a great week so far!

Last weekend, Troy spent most of Saturday away from the house giving me the opportunity to finish up a couple of quilts and make a new Valentine's Day wreath!  Tonight, I'm delighted to share with you my finished Plus Sign Quilt (check back tomorrow for the wreath!).

Specs:
196 blocks - 5 1/2 by 5 1/2
Finished size 70x70

So over the last couple of years I have acquired quite a few coordinating fat quarters and random end of bolts bundles that I decided would be perfect for a plus sign quilt.  I started out by cutting 196 5 1/2 by 5 1/2 inch blocks and then started organizing the into a plus sign pattern.  Once I got the main portion of the quilt laid out, I added the broken plus signs around the edges knowing I wanted to end up with 14 blocks across and down.  Next, sew the top and you're ready for quilting!  My mom graciously agreed to put this baby on her long arm and gave me lessons on running the machine.  I finally finished up the binding last weekend and its finally complete!




See you tomorrow to show off our Valentine's Day wreath!

No comments:

Post a Comment