Pages

5/26/2013

Lemonberry Cake

So I'm quickly becoming a fan of dishes with a small number of ingredients.  Not just for the convenience, but because they also taste great!  Six Sisters' Stuff had a Diet Lemon Raspberry Cake recipe with just four ingredients and I knew I had to try it!  I'm not a super fan of raspberry, so I opted to change up the fruit a bit.  Here are the results:


Ingredients:
1 box lemon cake mix
2 egg whites
1 1/4 cup Sprite Zero
1 cup each fresh blueberries and blueberries

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a mixing bowl, mix cake mix, egg whites, and Sprite.  Fold in fruit.  Pour into greased cake pan and bake for 30 minutes.  Top with light cool whip.  Fruit garnishment optional.

 
 
I was worried the lemon cake may be overpowering, but was delighted to find that its not at all!  The flavor is subtle and the fruit is a great added touch!  



No comments:

Post a Comment